Frequently Asked Questions
What does TTE stand for?
When TTE was established in 1956, it was originally called, “TT Electronics Company.” The, “TT,” comes from the first type of filter that we manufactured, a “Twin-T” network. In 1957, TT Electronics Company became, “TT Electronics, Incorporated.” Subsequently the name was changed to TTE, Inc. and now the company is called TTE Filters.
Who is Filterman?
Filterman was created in 1990 as a corporate mascot. The idea came about when we realized we needed to draw more attention to our fast delivery and service. In a nutshell, Filterman represents our efficient service, attention to quality and precision, and our superior filter designs.
Filter Quote and Product Information
How do I find a part number on the website?
- The part number search feature will direct you to the general specification page. The specification page will show all of the options available for each series of filters as well as part number derivation. Also available are normalized graphs for each series and the case selection guide.
Does TTE offer stock filters?
- TTE has been manufacturing custom filters in the USA since 1956 and has particular expertise in short lead times. Typical lead time is 2 weeks but expedited lead time as short as 3-5 days is available on many built-to-order designs. In response to customers requiring immediate delivery, TTE offers the LC9S Series of Lowpass Chebyshev Filters from stock for same-day shipment – when 3 to 5 days is not fast enough. This 9-pole series provides twelve distinct part numbers, each at a specific -1dBc passband frequency, from 30 MHz to 6 GHz. Complete technical information is available at the LC9S product page. Check our Product from Stock page for updates regarding products available from inventory.
I would like to receive a simulation of the filter I’m specifying. Does TTE provide such data? Is there a charge?
- Upon request, test plots or filter simulation data will be provided at no charge per typical performance of a previously tested design or via theoretical simulation of a new design.
How long does it take to receive a written quotation and specification?
- The sales department will respond to your request in a timely manner and will provide a price and delivery quotation, as well as a specification, for each line item.
Are samples available?
- No, samples are not available. TTE filters are designed and manufactured to order.
What is the maximum power your filters will handle?
- Generally, the power into the filter load ranges from 20 mW to 1 W, however it is frequency dependent. A 100 Hz bandpass filter will saturate at low power while microwave filters are able to handle much higher power levels. Please consult technical support for your individual specification.
Product Payment and Terms
Can I place an order for COD shipment?
- No. COD orders are not accepted at TTE.
Does TTE accept credit cards? When are they charged?
- We accept American Express, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards. The card is charged at the time of shipment.
How can net-30 terms be established?
- To establish an account, TTE requires three supplier references and a bank reference. By supplier, we mean a normal source of materials used by your company in the manufacture of your products. In terms of the bank reference, your company will need to authorize a representative of the bank to release information to TTE.
Filter Cancellations and Incorrect Orders
If I incorrectly specify my filter, may I return it and get the correct filter?
- TTE filters are manufactured to the customer’s specification, and thus, are not returnable.
If I incorrectly specify my filter, will TTE take it back and retune it?
- As part of the manufacturing process the circuit is epoxy-encased and therefore not adjustable.
Can I cancel an order?
- Orders cannot be canceled, or changed, once they have been accepted by TTE.